02 Oct Toothpaste Options for Teeth Whitening
Selecting good toothpaste involves more than just grabbing the first brand available on a store shelf. Different oral hygiene products serve different purposes. You should examine the label to see if a brand meets your needs.
If you are undergoing teeth whitening in the Winnipeg area, you may want to speak with your dentist and use a variety that complements the treatment. If you experience much sensitivity when you brush, you can use a special formula designed to minimize your discomfort. By choosing the right type, you will get more out of your daily oral hygiene routine. Using the proper toothpaste will also help maximize the positive effects of your dental visits.
Different varieties of toothpaste are used to serve a wide range of goals, including:
- Cleaning the teeth
- Tartar and plaque control
- Prevention of decay and gum disease
- Teeth whitening
- Enamel strengthening
- Managing tooth sensitivity
- Healing and cleaning with natural ingredients
Finding the Right Toothpaste: What to Look for When You Shop
To find the kind of paste that works best for your teeth, consider what you hope to accomplish when using it. Although you may not be accustomed to putting much thought into this sort of product, a little planning will ensure satisfying results. The main detail to think about is what you wish to achieve when you brush:
- The primary purpose of any toothpaste should be to prevent cavities. When you inspect the package for specific details, look for claims such as “tartar control” and “fights plaque.” Your selection should at least do those two things because preventing disease and decay is always the top priority.
- A complete care formula could be optimal. If you want your paste to perform several functions, look for the phrase “total care” or “complete care” on the box. This means that multiple needs will be met, such as cavity prevention and teeth whitening.
- People with sensitive teeth can manage this condition with the right product. If you are particularly sensitive to extreme temperatures or brushing in general, a sensitivity formula could be perfect for you. Another option is to buy toothpaste that supports or strengthens the enamel, since enamel loss can lead to discomfort.
- Natural products may be suitable if you don’t want to brush with certain ingredients. Many people wish to avoid ingredients such as sodium lauryl sulfate, which could cause irritation. Numerous alternative products contain natural ingredients, including tea tree oil and xylitol. Just make sure that you are using a product approved by your dentist or hygienist.
- Formulas for children are available. If you want to purchase a brand that your kids will appreciate, you can find plenty of suitable choices in stores. Training varieties are available for toddlers, as well. Toothpaste made for children comes in flavours that appeal to little ones, and it may contain a level of fluoride that is appropriate for them.
What ADG Can Offer
Whether you seek sensitivity relief, children’s toothpaste, or teeth whitening in Winnipeg, you can find a product that serves your needs. The professionals at Assiniboine Dental Group can help you explore the diversity of options available today.
Call us now at 204-958-4444, or make an appointment online. We are currently accepting new patients, so feel free to speak with one of our staff members to set up an initial exam.