02 Oct Root Canal Services in Winnipeg
ADG in Winnipeg performs root canal (endodontic) procedures. Many people still are frightened by the idea of having a root canal because of a lot of popular myths. With current anesthetics and dental techniques, the dentists at ADG are able to make patients much more comfortable.
Root Canal Treatment Can Save Your Tooth
If you have a deep cavity, crack or broken tooth, then bacteria can enter and infect the tooth pulp. This can lead to the tooth’s root becoming damaged or decayed, which can lead to loss of the tooth if not treated.
Sometimes you can feel pain when the pulp in your tooth becomes infected or dies, although this can happen without causing any pain whatsoever. Regular dental checkups are important because they let your dentist find the warning signs of advanced decay. She will always be looking for changes in your mouth, like the colouring of a tooth, changes in your gum health, or any irregularities she may find in a dental x-ray.
Steps to Treatment
A root canal treatment can ease or prevent pain and save your tooth. The treatment is straightforward, and done in the following steps:
- Step 1: Your dentist places a rubber dam to protect your open tooth from bacteria.
- Step 2: If needed, your dentist administers any anesthetic.
- Step 3: He then makes a small opening to reach the pulp and root canal.
- Step 4: Your dentist removes the damaged pulp and cleans the canal system.
- Step 5: He fills and seals the canal with a rubber-like compound.
- Step 6: Your dentist finishes by sealing your tooth with a filling.
If you need a root canal in Winnipeg, don’t wait! Please contact us today.