25 Sep Benefits of an Electric Toothbrush to Your Oral Health
Good habits are an essential aspect of overall dental health. In order to keep your mouth healthy and your smile beautiful, you must brush and floss your teeth on a regular basis. Visiting your dentist for routine checkups is also essential, as is having your teeth professionally cleaned by your dental hygienist in Winnipeg.
Another way that you can keep your teeth and gums in optimal condition is to use the best instruments possible. Using an electric toothbrush will help you clean your teeth very effectively. Once you start brushing your teeth this way, you may never want to use a manual brush again.
What to Look for in an Electric Toothbrush
When you are shopping for a power brush, keep the following points in mind:
- A power toothbrush must be easy to hold. If the model you choose is too bulky and awkward in your hand, you could find yourself avoiding it altogether. Be sure to buy one that fits you well and is not too heavy.
- Smooth operation is important. A quality brush should not stutter repeatedly when alerting you to switch to another dental quadrant. Some power brushes will stutter briefly after two minutes because that is the target time. That’s fine, but the performance should generally be smooth and seamless.
- Your electric brush should be durable. This type of equipment is a small investment, and it should be treated accordingly. You should not need to replace your device often. Make sure that the model you select is made from quality materials. Research the brands that have a reputation for being durable.
- Extra brush heads should be included. While it is true that the device itself should endure, you will need to replace the heads every few months. This is not because they fall apart, but because the bristles begin to wear. Worn bristles are vulnerable to bacteria growth. Most major brands come with at least one extra head. Some heads are even designed with reminder bristles that change color when they need to be replaced.
- You should also look for a reasonable return policy. If you are not happy with your purchase, it should be easy to exchange or return the item for a refund.
Brushing is a vital part of oral hygiene, so choose your equipment wisely. You don’t need to spend a fortune on an electric toothbrush, but buying the cheapest one available is probably not a wise strategy. Your dental hygienist in Winnipeg may also offer tips on finding a power model that matches your needs. Seeing a hygienist is as important as visiting your dentist for regular dental examinations.